2023 WILDFIRE EXPLORER ACADEMY #29
click here for Academy Information Package
Academy Dates: April 21 thru May 14
- Complete FEMA ICS-100 / Introduction to Incident Command System, do the final and bring a paper copy of your certificate: https://training.fema.gov/is/courseoverview.aspx?code=IS-100.c&lang=en
- Create an account in the Wildland Fire Learning portal, use "USFS" as your agancy/Unit is "Angeles National Forest": https://wildlandfirelearningportal.net/login/signup.php?
- Complete S-110 Basic Wildland Fire Orientation, do the final and bring a paper copy of your certificate: https://wildlandfirelearningportal.net/
- Complete S-190 Intro to wildland fire beharior, do the final and bring a paper copy of your certificate: https://wildlandfirelearningportal.net/
- Fema IS-700 Final, take at the following link: https://training.fema.gov/is/courseoverview.aspx?code=IS-700.a
- Watch this video and write 1 page report on LCES: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7B6mHWm0fzs
- Take the FEMA IS-700b course and bring your cert on Friday: https://training.fema.gov/is/courseoverview.aspx?code=IS-700.b
- 3 page Report & Poster on assigned topic.
- Study for the 10's/18's Final.
- Invite your friends, family, post advisors, and your fire chiefs to your Graduation.
- Learn the Wildland Water Use Hand Signals that are in your IRPG, you will be tested.
- Check this website daily for new assignments
- If you can, Get yourself a Compass for Land Navigation training.
- Study for S-130 Unit 11 Quiz, Unit 17 quiz, and S-130 Final
- 10's & 18's Final
- Complete your final invitations
Week 4 of the Academy will start on May 12th and graduation will be on May 14th at 12:00 noon
- Notify those you invited that the Academy Graduation will be May 14, 2023 @ noon
- Monitor this website for more updates.
April to May on the Weekends (4 weekends): Fri, Sat, Sun
Academy usually has 50 Explorer Cadets from the following Agencies-
- US Forest Service FIRE. Post 99, POST 100 and Post 101
- Kern County Fire Dept.
- Ventura County Fire Dept.
- Los Angeles Fire Departemt
- Oxnard Fire Department
- Pasadena Fire Department
- Chula Vista Fire Department
Agencies that have participated in the Academy
U.S. Forest Service- Angeles National Forest
Los Angeles Fire Dept.- Los Angeles County Fire Dept.- Pasadena Fire Dept.- Oxnard Fire Dept.- Kern County Fire Dept.-
Santa Barbara Fire Dept.- Downey Fire Department- Ventura County Fire Dept.- West Covina Fire Dept.-
Montebello Fire Dept.- Orange County Fire Authority.- Bakersfield City Fire Dept.- Alhambra Fire Dept.- Hume Lake Fire Dept.
Riverside County F.D./Cal Fire.- Murrieta Fire Dept.- San Diego Fire Dept., Chula Vista Fire Dept.,
more to come...